Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tool # 3.4 Dropbox

My Principles of Engineering (POE) course requires students to keep detailed engineering notebooks, as well as portfolios of their work, devices built, programs written, etc.  Using our iPADs as cameras, students will take snapshots of their builds, send to my Dropbox, download to classroom computers, edit (change resolution to WAY SMALL for printing), and print photos to paste in their notebooks, bigger prints for portfolios.  Students can make short How-To videos for construction techniques, put them into a powerpoint, submit for a grade, etc.  Last year, I didn't even have a digital camera.

This year, we should make narrative videos of our two field trips, Bridges (fall), and Bluebell (spring).
I will practice doing this with my iPAD tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment